17 Jul Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Posted at 16:35h in News
The Government have provided further clarification and guidance for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) as of 4th April 2020.
A few of the main points to note are:
- Employees you made redundant, or stopped working for you on or after 28 February 2020, can be re-employed, put on furlough leave and their wages claimed through the scheme.
- Employees can start a new job when on furlough (if allowed under their employment contract).
- Furlough agreements need to be made in writing and kept for 5 years.
- Employees can be furloughed multiple times, subject to each furlough period being a minimum of 3 weeks.
- Company directors can be furloughed but can still perform their statutory duties but not other work for the company.
- Employers can reclaim 80% of compulsory (contractual) commission, as well as basic salary.
- Apprentices can be furloughed and can continue to train whilst furloughed. Employers must cover any shortfall between the amount you can claim for their wages through this scheme and their appropriate minimum wage.